Logan Hamill Car Sales takes your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal
how we collect, use and protect your personal information when using our website or other digital platforms. We
aim to be fully transparent and to give you control over how your data is used wherever possible.
Please note that this policy can change from time-to-time and that the latest version will always be available
on this website. Please review regularly for any changes that may be made.
Logan Hamill Car Sales is a Northern Ireland based motor dealership for automotive vehicles. We provide our service
through a website, mobile applications and forecourt. We offer a wide range of options for dealing in the motor
industry. To provide as comprehensive a range of products and services as possible, we need to collect and
process information about you. This includes information collected when you visit or use our goods and services
as well as information you provide to us via phone, text messaging, emails, post and other correspondences
including in person.
Logan Hamill Car Sales is the data controller concerning any personal information specified in
Logan Hamill Car Sales
45 Taylorstown Hill Toomebridge
028 7965 0205.
Phone lines are open:
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
We do not store credit card details, nor do we share these customer details with any 3rd parties outside of our
payment service providers.
Cookies are small bits of information that are stored by your computer through the browser. They are regularly
used as a way of the browser remembering what the browser has done in the past. This allows your browser to
enrich your experience by tailoring it to be closer to your needs. They also enable us to learn about all our
users so that we can expand and develop our business to be more effective in the future. This accounts for who
has seen which pages, how frequently certain pages are visited, and which are the most popular areas of our
website. These may be used to us and our third parties to show the user the most relevant advertising
There are numerous types of cookies which exist:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies without which the site will not operate. These allow you to
perform such operations as logging in. Without it, we could not have an effective area of the site to upload
cars. It simply wouldn't be possible.
- Analytical and Performance Cookies - This cookie allows third parties to collect information about visitors
to allow the development of statistics, such as total site visitors or total page impressions.
- Functionality Cookies - These are cookies who aim to help the functional operations and speed of a website.
For example, they will remember that have visited the site before and wish to remain logged in.
- Ad serving Cookies - These cookies allow target advertisements to appear on the site. This allows third
parties to optimise their adverts towards your interests.
- Targeting Cookies - These websites record the user's visit to the website and the browsing habits which
accompany this user. They are used to enhance advertising to the user whilst also may be used to limit the
number of times you see an advert.
A cookie cannot grab data from your hard-drive, damage your device, run programmes on your device or release
viruses. You can change your browser to restrict cookie usage. Some useful links on this include:
If you wish to turn off Cookies on our website, please contact us at email@example.com.
For more information on third-party advertising-related cookies and how to opt-out of them, please visit on of
the following third-party websites:
Our site also links to other websites. These other sites will have their own privacy policies which will govern
how the use personal information. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of
these third parties.
Information we collect
- Name and other Contact Information, such as Telephone Number and Email Address
- Vehicle Information, including the registration number of the vehicle
- Address, Postcode and other geographical information
- Information for customer surveys and offers
- Information which may be relevant to your enquiry
- Bank Details, including Credit and Debt Details. We do not store any card details.
- Vehicles, Services and Products that you may be interested in
- Information about your vehicle ownership history, including requirements, funding methods and preferences
- Navigation information relating to your browsing habits (see our cookies policy)
- CCTV Images from our premises and Call Recordings
- Any preferences you have on how you wish to be contacted
Information you provide when browsing the website
- If you place an email enquiry for any item advertised on the website, we will require your first name, last
name, telephone number and email address. This information will be held by Logan Hamill Car Sales. An email
enquiry clearly indicates that you are giving authorisation for your details to be passed on to the other
party and that they may contact you in response to your request. We may ask for a review in order to improve
our service through a relevant third-party (see Disclosure of Your Information below).
- If you use our live chat service you may end up disclosing such information as your name, email address,
telephone number or anything else which you choose to type into the service. This information will be held
by Logan Hamill Car Sales. A live chat interaction clearly indicates that you are giving authorisation for your
details to be passed on to Logan Hamill Car Sales and that we may contact you in response to your request.
- We use your IP Address to make sure you are a human entity as opposed to a bot or other computer-based
entity, to further develop our understanding of our customers to further our service, and to help determine
your location to orientate our service more specifically to your needs. This also allows us to limit access
to the site of potential fraudsters.
- We may also collect information on your location whilst browsing. We use this to analyse our current
audience to better develop our current product and services.
for marketing purposes. For more information, and to opt-out, see our cookies section.
How We Use the Information Collected
We use the information we collect from the user as follows:
- To publish and maintain the website, services and products we offer and to co-ordinate our online operations
including analysis, testing, statistical research and to make the site a better experience for the user.
- To fully respond to and cater to any requests you make to us, whether through this website, or any other
- To contact you with information about other products and services we offer if you wish us to do so.
- To resolve any issues or complaints you have in an appropriate time frame.
- To evaluate and improve our customer service.
- To process any payments due.
- To create a personalised experience for you.
- To keep you up to date with any approaching deadlines, such as MOT or other important services.
- To understand who uses our website and what they require most. This allows us to develop the best new
services to encourage people to buy vehicles through the website.
- To identify the location of visitors to both optimise their experience, but also to block fraudulent use of
We process your data on the basis specified below. We may process this on more than one lawful ground depending
on the purpose for which we are processing it:
- Performance of a Contract - Our service requires that we connect buyers with the best suited
vehicles. Whether you do or don't buy a vehicle through our business, you are entering into a contract with
Logan Hamill Car Sales with regards to the use of the service. We require the personal information to fulfil
this contractual obligation, to provide the service you request and to fully manage and assist you as much
- Consent - Where we have processed your data for marketing purposes, such as sending you communications, this
is based on you having opted-in and having given us consent. You can choose to remove this consent at any
time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will cease processing data in this case, but that
does not affect any processing of data we have previously undertaken before your withdrawal. If you have
contacted a third party in any way which passes on your details to the party involved, your data may be used
by them to respond to your request before we can withdraw consent. In this event you will be required to
contact them to withdraw consent of them using your personal data.
- Legal Obligation - We process your information where it is necessary for legal or statutory
requirements. This include our co-operation with the police and trading standards.
- Legitimate Interest - We process your information to help our services, improve the website, understand how
visitors use the site, undertake marketing research, improve security on the website and generally improve
anything we can for the good of our customers. This includes requesting a review of our services. It is of
legitimate interest to us to monitor communications between buyers and sellers and to assist in disputes and
At all times we will refrain from passing on your data to a third party except as laid out in this policy or with
your consent. To provide our services to you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out services
on our behalf. We may disclose your personal information for the following purposes and circumstances:
- We will send your information to any sellers or relevant third parties to enable them to provide you the
services and products that you have consented to receive. These third parties may then transfer, process or
store your personal information elsewhere, whether in the European Economic Area (EEA) or outside it, for
their business purposes relative to their own privacy policies. If you require more information or have
queries relating to how these companies handle your data, please contact them and read their privacy
- We may use a third party provider of review services and they act as a Data Processor where we are the Data
Controller. We do this specifically and only to get feedback from users so we can continually improve our
- We may disclose your information to other service providers we use that help us run our website and
operations. Some of these may be based outside the EEA. We also use plugins from third party companies
and information about your visit may be collected by these companies. This also applies in cases where you
are still logged in to the third-party website. If you require more information or have queries relating to
how these companies handle your data, please contact them and read their privacy policies.
- Where your personal information has been transferred out side the EEA, we will take full and proper steps to
- If we have a legal obligation or to enforce other agreements or our terms and conditions, we are under a
duty to disclose your personal information.
- We may disclose your data in the case of us potentially buying or selling a business asset. This includes if
a third party was to acquire all or part of the Logan Hamill Car Sales.
- Other parties including - the police, trading standards, other public and private sector agencies,
government bodies and representative government bodies, legal advisors, professional advisors and any other
third party to help prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
- Our staff will have access to your personal information to ensure our service performs its intended
You have several rights regarding your personal information in Logan Hamill Car Sales. When you exercise these
rights, we will provide you information as to the action taken within 30 days of receiving your request. If no
action is taken, we will provide an explanation as to why within 30 days. If we require the deadline to be
extended, you will be informed within 30 days of request. Your rights are as follows:
- Right of Access - You have the right to request a copy of all personal information that we hold about
you. If we refuse this request under right of access, we will provide a reason as to why.
- Right of Rectification - if information about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to correct
these inaccuracies or complete the information.
- Right to Erasure - in certain circumstances you can have your personal information deleted. This only
applies in one of the following scenarios:
- Where we no longer require the information for the purpose it was obtained.
- Where the processing requires your consent and the consent has been withdrawn. There must be no
other legal reason for us to retain it.
- Where you have used your right to object to the processing and there are no higher reasons for
- Where you have objected to the use of your information specifically for marketing purposes.
- Where your information has been unlawfully processed.
- Where we are required to erase it to meet legal obligations.
- You may not have it deleted if it is required for compliance for a legal obligation, where the
performance of processing it is in the public's interest or to establish a defence against legal
- Right to Restriction of Processing - In certain conditions, you have the right to restrict the processing of
- Right to Data Portability - in certain conditions you have the right to have your data transferred from our
Website to another organisation.
- Right to Objection of Processing - for certain types of processing you have the right to object to the
processing occurring, e.g., direct marketing.
- Right to Complain to the Information Commissioner's Office - you may complain at any time about the
processing of your data or how a complaint is being handled if you feel we have failed to comply
properly. If you have any complaints, we would advise you to contact us first
at email@example.com. You can also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office
(ICO). You can find details on how to submit a complaint on their website www.ico.org.uk.
Logan Hamill Car Sales will always take all reasonable methods to ensure that your data is safe and secure always
Information you provide is handled in accordance with other service providers privacy policies and may be
transferred, stored and processed outside of the EEA. When data has been transferred outside the EEA we will
that all safeguards possible are in place to provide appropriate protection. This may include contractual
being included with our service providers in a manner which is recognised as suitable by the EU.
Where a third party we work with transfers your data outside the EEA, we are not responsible for the use of the
data except where they act as our processor. If you have questions regarding these third parties, please
contact them and read their privacy policies.
We will process personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected
for. This includes legal, accounting, reporting and crime prevention requirements. The time period depends on
the use of the information and the services we offer. For all personal data where you can be identified we will
not hold anything longer than 10 years. In some cases, we may anonymise your data so
can be used for research and statistical analysis. In these cases, you will no longer be identifiable from the
data. This data may be used indefinitely without notice to you.